Critical Power Systems
IEM Power Systems aims to provide the most reliable and efficient power systems in the world. With critical facilities in mind, we have designed our UPS Systems to fully protect No-Break Loads against electrical disturbances as well as improve the overall power quality for a wide range of applications.
All critical facilities require uninterrupted, high quality electrical power to support their 24 x 365 mission.
- The voltage supplied to No-Break Load must remain within the CBEMA curve. (This means that, irrespective of supply voltage disturbances the output to the No-Break Load will always be within specified limits).
- Any UPS system must be able to accept a short circuit at its input terminals without any interruption to the No-Break Loads.
- Any UPS system, either Rotary or Static, must be capable of providing TIER 3/4 operation by use of parallel, or isolated parallel, redundancy.
- All power components (UPS, Diesels, Switchgear) should be capable of expansion in a modular form to provide the ultimate power requirements of the Data Center.
- The UPS system should be capable of operating at a minimum of 95% efficiency under all ‘normal’ No-Break Load conditions. (25-100% Load)
- UPS and Power Systems must support the GREEN credentials of the Data Center.
- Maintenance of all components should be infrequent and easily achieved without stopping the equipment or reducing availability.