At IEM, we pride ourselves in setting and raising the bar for innovation in the electrical distribution industry. From advanced engineering and technologies, to our parallel manufacturing process, quality control practices and experienced management, IEM is making a difference and so can you.
Our success depends on cultivating the diversity and skills that our employees bring to our business. We offer challenging projects, collaboration with smart people and an inventive culture. IEM employees appreciate working in an autonomous environment that fosters creativity and individual growth.
We’re looking for talented individuals who consistently go the extra mile for a project, client and colleague, people who are committed to continuous professional growth.
To apply for a career opportunity with IEM, send a cover letter and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the title of the position(s) you are applying for in the subject line. Please submit these documents as attachments in Word, Excel or Adobe PDF formats. Do not provide hyperlinks to websites for download. Compensation is commensurate with experience.
MARINE SERVICE TECHNICIAN - New Orleans, LA
This position is responsible for performing wire checks, Hi-Pots and various forms of electrical testing, proper test procedures to confirm defective parts as needed, performing alarm/automation system tests and documenting as required, testing and repairing generator controls, performing on-site testing and verification to ensure proper installation and interacting with customers both via e-mail and on-site to ensure customer satisfaction. Requirements include a high school diploma and a minimum of 4 years of marine wiring experience. This position also requires up to 75% travel outside the local area and overnight for extended periods of time.
Relocation assistance will not be provided.
No agencies, please.
SENIOR SWITCHGEAR & CONTROLS DESIGN ENGINEERS
IEM Power Systems is an industry leader in providing custom electrical controls, switchgear and innovative new approaches to solutions for industrial and marine applications. With our expanding business in a small company atmosphere, our employees have the opportunity to create, design, develop and manufacture state-of-the-art products to meet our customers’ needs.
We seek two (2) Engineers - one experienced, and one as a hands-on LEAD.
Both will be responsible for the DESIGN OF MEDIUM and LOW VOLTAGE SWITCHGEAR for commercial applications on a project by project basis.
You will both:
- Create drawings and bills of materials from which IEM will build custom electrical switchgear/switchboards (control systems involving PLC’s, intelligent controllers and protective relays will be implemented within designs)
- Write detailed Sequences of Operation on certain projects with automation components
- Complete programming assignments of automation components, protective devices, or other electrical equipment
- Travel to customer sites occasionally for commissioning, troubleshooting or evaluation purposes as well as travel for job training, project testing or other project related business (should not exceed 20%)
Additionally, the hands-on LEAD will:
- Direct and review work and provide supervisory functions
- Help build a well-rounded and cross functional team; train and mentor junior engineers
- Occasional travel to customer sites for design review meetings or to other IEM locations for training or meetings is expected
- Help facilitate customer witness tests and design meetings
- Review orders as entered by sales, interpret plans and specs, identify potential problems with orders and proposes alternate designs that will better meet the intent of the specification
- Ensure coherence for our products with applicable codes and standards
- A BSEE or equivalent and a minimum of 5 years working in a power and/or control (PLC system) related field is a must, including an understanding of basic electrical and control system principles and a familiarity with reading electrical schematics, three-line diagrams and control/communications diagrams.
- Previous hands-on field experience, willingness to travel and a familiarity with Microsoft Office products is also required.
- AutoCAD experience, knowledge of IEEE/ANSI C37.20 and UL891/1558 design guidelines and NFPA70E are desirable.
- A positive attitude, attention to detail, pride in workmanship and working well within a team are traits that would describe a successful engineer in our field.