At IEM, we pride ourselves in setting and raising the bar for innovation in the electrical distribution industry. From advanced engineering and technologies, to our parallel manufacturing process, quality control practices and experienced management, IEM is making a difference and so can you.
Our success depends on cultivating the diversity and skills that our employees bring to our business. We offer challenging projects, collaboration with smart people and an inventive culture. IEM employees appreciate working in an autonomous environment that fosters creativity and individual growth.
We’re looking for talented individuals who consistently go the extra mile for a project, client and colleague, people who are committed to continuous professional growth.
To apply for a career opportunity with IEM, send a cover letter and your resume to email@example.com and include the title of the position(s) you are applying for in the subject line. Please submit these documents as attachments in Word, Excel or Adobe PDF formats. Do not provide hyperlinks to websites for download. Compensation is commensurate with experience.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
This position is responsible for creating wiring and layout diagrams used by production workers and technician’s who build, install, commission, and repair electrical equipment for various industries.
- Design and draw wiring and layout diagrams
- Create wiring lists
- Create wire numbers / labels
- Use Computer Aided Design and Drafting systems to prepare drawings
- Assemble documentation packages and produce drawing sets which are then checked by an engineer
- Confer with engineering staff and other personnel to resolve problems
- Maintain / expand existing CAD libraries
- Create visual guidelines for construction purposes
- Create and store drawings electronically
- Prepare design variations
- Explain concepts to production workers
- Perform other duties which may be required by supervisor
- Communication Proficiency
- Computer Aided Drafting (CAD)
- Technical Capability
- Ability to perform work independently of supervision
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Associate's degree or technical certification preferred or a high school diploma with professional experience
- 3 years of electrical design work in an engineer to order manufacturing environment
- Previous switchgear / switchboard and electrical control panel design experience preferred but not required
CONTROLLER – LANGLEY, BC
- Complete the monthly financial reporting processes in an accurate and timely manner, including but not limited to preparation of financial statements, journal entries, account analysis, and review of monthly reconciliations of all balance sheet accounts, GST/PST returns
- Provide analysis of forecasts, financial results, cash flows and operating metrics
- Perform job costing analysis and ensure costs are accurately captured
- Manage and support the accounting team in their daily tasks and responsibilities and provide mentoring to the team
- Plan and coordinate the external audit and tax compliance process
- Maintain a strong internal control environment to ensure continuous compliance with various regulatory requirements, including ASPE, applicable federal and provincial laws and regulations for financial and tax reporting
- Assist with the preparation of ad hoc reports, financial reviews and special projects as directed by the leadership team
- BS degree in Accounting or Finance
- 10 years of accounting experience in increasingly responsible positions
- Accounting designation (CA/CGA/CMA/U.S. CPA)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and organizational skills
- Experience with ERP system
- Manufacturing industry experience is preferable
SHIPPING/RECEIVING CLERK – LANGLEY, BC
You will be responsible for picking, packing, shipping, receiving, recording and controlling the movement of parts, supplies and materials to and from the warehouse as well as supporting the shop floor. Creation of export paperwork (Bills of Lading, NAFTA forms, Customs paperwork, Commercial Invoices) will also be included. This position is PHYSICALLY DEMANDING.
Requirements: A minimum 2 years of experience in the warehousing industry including international shipping and the creation of export paperwork are required. The ability to lift 40 lbs, forklift experience and basic computer skills (Word & Excel) are also a must. The ideal candidate must excel in providing superior customer service, being detail oriented, and having excellent verbal and written communication skills. Being able to work overtime and with minimal direction is also a must.
MARINE SERVICE TECHNICIAN – JACKSONVILLE, FL
This position is responsible for testing functionality of individual marine components and validating the overall functionality of a completed project and traveling into the field to perform site commissioning.
- Perform wire checks, Hi-Pots and various forms of electrical testing.
- Validate functionality of projects as compared to the prepared Sequence of Ops.
- Complete all required paperwork and posts in the appropriate job folder.
- Perform on-site testing and verification to ensure proper installation.
- Interact with customers both via e-mail and on-site to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Perform other duties which may be required by manager.
- Communication Proficiency
- Project Management
- Technical Capability
- Problem Solving/Analysis
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or GED
- At least 4 years of marine wiring experience
- This position requires up to 75% travel. Frequently travel is outside the local area and overnight and may be for extended periods of time.
- Physical Demands: Sitting – 20%, Walking/Standing – 80%. Frequently lift up to 50lbs. Must be able to bend, squat, crawl and climb. Long periods of close work on the computer screen and working with small or detailed items.
- Mental Demands: Interpret, analyze, research and handle multiple tasks simultaneously. Climate controlled office space. Exposure to excessive cold, excessive heat, wet/humid conditions, noise/vibration, hazards, dust and fumes.
- 1st shift: 5 people for 1st shift (6am – 2:30pm)
- 2nd shift: 7 people for 2nd shift (2:30pm – 11pm)
- Read, interpret and follow basic diagrams, engineering drawings, specifications, bills of materials, and other instructions or procedures to accurately assemble materials and equipment.
- Use multiple measuring devices such as scales, feeler gauges, rulers, micrometers, calipers tee square, machinist square and tape measure to accurately and precisely perform work.
- Punch, jig or perform layout of enclosure doors or enclosures.
- Fabricate and install bus bar sections per drawings or instructions.
- Fabricate, modify and/or install various metallic or non-metallic items and components.
- Set up and operate fabricating machines, such as brakes, rolls, shears, cutters, grinders, and drill presses, to bend, cut, form, punch, drill, or otherwise form and assemble metal components.
- Perform touch-up painting as directed.
- Comply with all safety, quality and work rules, guidelines and regulations.
- Set up, operate and maintain production tools and equipment.
- Keep the supervisor informed of problems, progress and suggestions in a timely manner.
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment at all times.
- Identify opportunities that provide cost effective alternative methods to process and materials.
- Keep red-lines of any drawing changes required during manufacturing and turn in to supervisor upon their request.
- Perform other duties which may be required by supervisor.
- Technical Capability
- Skilled with Hand and Power Tools
- Problem Solve/Analysis
- Learning Orientation
- Teamwork Orientation
- Time Management
- Attention to detail and Thoroughness
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- At least 1 years of experience in a metal fabrication shop using mechanical equipment.
- Welding experience strongly preferred.
- Physical Demands: Activities: Sitting – 10% Walking/Standing – 90%. Lifting: Frequently lift up to 50 lbs. Bending: Must be able to bend, squat, crawl and climb. Vision: Long periods of close work on small fonts and fine print on drawings and ability to see small or detailed items.
- Mental Demands: Interpret, analyze, research and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Environment: Shop/warehouse. Not climate controlled. Exposure to excessive heat and cold, wet/humid conditions, noise/vibration, hazards, dust and fumes.
ENTRY-LEVEL APPLICATIONS ENGINEER/QUOTATIONS – FREMONT, CA
Reporting to the Manager of Applications Engineering, you will be trained to provide technical quotations through the analysis of costs of materials & labor associated with designing, engineering, and producing final custom assemblies for our LV/MV Switchgear. Responsibilities encompass completing quotations/proposals which would include reviewing and interpreting engineered drawings and specifications, working closely with our suppliers, and interacting regularly with our sales, engineering, production and purchasing departments.
You will be part of the Applications Engineering team which provides the sales force with support by performing proposal preparation. Training will also be provided on the estimating tools used to generate the quotations. Minimal travel expected.
Requirements: A Technical Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and a minimum of an internship/co-op or direct experience in a manufacturing environment or the electrical industry. Being a team player with excellent computer, communication and organizational skills are a must.
ENTRY-LEVEL PRODUCTION WORKERS – FREMONT, CA
We seek workers for 2 shifts:
ENTRY LEVEL SHEET METAL FACRICATION
Requirements: 2:30 – 11pm shift (also one person for 1st shift) You must be able to work with fabrication machinery, use a tape measure, work well with others and follow instructions. You must also be capable of lifting 40 lbs. TRAINING PROVIDED.
ENTRY LEVEL PAINT SHOP WORKERS
Requirements: 2:30 – 11pm shift. You must be willing to learn the paint system, able to work well with others and follow instructions. You must also be capable of lifting 40 lbs. TRAINING PROVIDED.
ENTRY-LEVEL MECHANICAL ASSEMBLERS
Requirements: 2:30 – 11pm shift. You must be mechanically inclined with the ability to use hand tools and tape measure. Working well with others, following instructions, and being capable of lifting 40 lbs. are also a requirement. TRAINING PROVIDED
ENTRY-LEVEL LV ASSEMBLERS
Requirements: 6am – 2:30pm shift. You must be mechanically inclined with the ability to use hand tools and tape measure. Working well with others, following instructions, and being capable of lifting 40 lbs. are also a requirement. TRAINING PROVIDED.
Purpose of Position:
This position is responsible for performing all mechanical and related functions to manufacturing high quality electrical equipment. This position is for our Jacksonville, FL facility.
Education and Experience:
SALES ENGINEER (SWITCHGEAR – LA AREA)
As a Sales Engineer for IEM in the Greater LA Area, you will be responsible for the sales of IEM Power distribution products (MV/LV Switchgear, Switchboards, Panelboards) through distribution and direct channels. This includes developing and maintaining the large Electrical Contractor accounts, Electrical Consulting Engineer accounts, Electrical Wholesale/Distribution accounts and developing contacts with key end user accounts.
Requirements: A technical degree or equivalent and a minimum 3 years’ experience in the sale of power distribution equipment (MV/LV switchgear/switchboards). A strong track record of negotiating medium and large project orders, successfully developing new contacts, maintaining current relationships with major contractors throughout the sales cycle and maximizing client potential is a must. Experience generating accurate project proposals utilizing MV/LV switchgear to present a complete bid package is required. A self-motivated individual with a high level of professionalism, excellent communication, presentation and negotiating skills are also required. Ideal candidate will be known in the greater LA electrical equipment market and will have developed a trust with a core group of existing contractors/distributors.