Integrated Solutions for Marine Applications:
- Generator Control Switchgear (LV / MV to 15kV)
- Engine Generator Control Panels
- Shore Power Panels
- Distribution Switchboards and Switchgear (to 15kV)
- Motor Control Panels (LV / MV)
- Complete Shore Power Solutions for Cruise and Cargo Vessels
Generator Control Switchgear
IEM Marine’s flexible approach to Generator Control Switchgear enables the development of products that meet specialized dimensional and electrical requirements. Designs featuring industry leading components allow for a superior, fully customizable control and monitoring assembly that maximizes operational reliability while minimizing maintenance.
- Low and Medium Voltage
- Distribution and Incoming Switchgear up to 15kV
- Generator Control and Utility Tie Gear up to 15kV
Engine/Generator Control Panels
IEM Marine offers an in-house solution for your engine control and monitoring requirements. Our custom-built control panels are specifically designed for each application. From a simple gauge panel to a complex control and monitoring system, our dedicated design and engineering team provides custom solutions for your engine control and monitoring needs.
Shore Power Panels
IEM Marine Shore Power Panels are offered with various configurations to solve your application requirements. Designs featuring industry leading components allow for a superior, fully customizable control and monitoring assembly that maximizes operational reliability while minimizing maintenance.
IEM Power Systems works in partnership with Cochran Marine, the leading provider of shore power systems for cruise lines.
Our shore power solutions allow cruise and cargo vessels to quickly and safely transition from auxiliary engine power to cleaner grid power when arriving in port. This reduces in-port emissions improving the port environment and addressing the concerns of local residents and regulatory authorities.
We can provide all or part of your shore power system. Working with Cochran Marine we offer a true end to end shore power solution including consulting, design, build, installation and commissioning. Cochran Marine provide after sales service that supports each and every connection and keeps the system maintained in the tough shoreside environment. We can also provide the on-board elements to receive and distribute shore power, during the original build or as a retrofit.
Learn more about Shore Power at www.cochranmarine.com
Distribution Switchboard and Switchgear
Switchboards and switchgear can be custom designed or utilize a standard configuration to meet specific dimensional and electrical requirement up to 15kV. They can include fully integrated component options from leading manufacturers, including automatic transfer switches, TVSS, distribution transformers, and PLC or relay based transfer schemes. Circuit breakers and fusible switches can be group or individually mounted.
Motor Control Panels
IEM Marine offers the complete solution to Motor Control Panels. These options include the ability to meet all Low and Medium Voltage applications. We offer a wide range of controls, from simple soft starters to multifaceted automation interfaces.
- Low and medium voltage
- Motor starters
- Full voltage across the line starters (FVNR & FVR)
- Reduced voltage starters
- Reduced voltage autotransformer starters (RVAT)
- Reduced voltage solid state starters
- Soft starters
IEM Marine is dedicated to the design and manufacturing of electrical monitoring control and distribution systems for the marine industry. Our major strength is in how we design and configure these manufactured products to produce a complete custom solution for your unique project. We further enhance our system packages by customizing a variety of components from leading equipment manufacturers in the industry.
Trouble-Free Performance Solutions for All Marine Applications:
- Research Vessels
- US Navy Ships
- US Coast Guard Vessels
- US Army Corps of Engineer Vessels
- Passenger/Vehicle Ferries
- High Speed Ferries
- Commercial Fishing Boats
- Offshore Supply Vessels
- Luxury Motor Yachts
- Casino Boats
- Pilot Boats
- Patrol and Fire Boats
- Oil and Gas
From Design to Build, IEM Marine has the Expertise and Credentials to Meet All Customer Requirements.
Custom Design Engineering
We adapt to your application with custom designs, and innovative problem solving. IEM Marine designs are thorough and precise, using computer-assisted design and drafting software.
Regulatory Body Compliance
From ABS, Bureau Veritas, DNV, IEEE, and Germainischer to the USCG, IEM Marine is fully aware of the importance of regulatory body compliance. Our design and construction will meet whatever requirements your vessel might have.
Operation is simplified with logical arrangements and clearly marked components and wiring.
Ease of Maintenance
Front mounted components and plug-in circuit breakers assure maintenance accessibility.
Complete Integrated Systems
Multiple monitoring and control systems are integrated into IEM switchboards.
Operator and equipment safety are prime considerations in IEM Marine design.
IEM provides a complete field service offering from startup and commissioning to troubleshooting and equipment maintenance programs. Each project engineer assigned stays with your project from the quotation stage until installation and start-up are complete. Our job is not complete until we know that your equipment is installed properly and operating within your specifications. Our after-sales service means that we design the controls for a seamless install, user-friendly application, and easy maintenance. We encourage customers to participate in factory testing to ensure equipment is performing to their specification.
For future service needs, our field service technicians are responsive 24 hours a day and parts support is available directly from our warehouse. We are able to service any manufacturer or name-brand equipment.
Power Engineering Services
- Generator and Motor Controls
- Generator Controls, Service, Trouble-shooting and Issue Resolution
- Controller Upgrades and Conversions
- Voltage Regulator Testing & Adjustment
- Switchboard / Master Control Cabinet Servicing, Retrofits and Modifications
AC and DC Drive Services
- ABB Drive Commissioning (LV and MV)
- Vacon Drives maintenance and servicing
- HMI Commissioning & Troubleshooting and Resolution
US Coast Guard Testing Support
- Switchboards & Distribution Panels
- Alarm Systems (Including Fire Alarm)
Routine / Preventative Maintenance
- Tailored Maintenance Programmes
- Infrared Survey
- Electrical System Inspection & Testing
Marine Telecommunications Systems
- New Installations
- Modifications, Retrofits
- Trouble-shooting & Repairs
- Vendors include: Zenitel / Vingtor, Multicom, GAI-Tronics
Additional Marine Services (24/7 Service)
- Power System Trouble-shooting & Repair
- Generator Fault Finding and Resolution
Circuit Breaker Maintenance & Repairs
- Routine Breaker Servicing
- Breaker Testing and Repair
- Breaker Upgrades / Retrofitting
- Marine Electrical Products
- Control and Power Distribution Boards
- Custom Controls for Marine Systems
- PLC Based Power Monitoring and Control
- Shore Power Connection Boxes (on-ship and shore-side)
- NEMA Enclosures up to 4X Rating
- Custom Panels
- Alarm Panels
- Low and Medium Voltage Switchgear
- Lighting & Alarm Systems
- VFD Installation and Servicing
- Emissions Monitoring & Control Equipment (including SCR Systems)
- On-board CCTV & Communications Systems
Marine Construction, Installation and Retrofit
Services provided by IEM Marine are compliant with the relevant standards stipulated by organisations including: ABS, DNV, Lloyd’s and the US Coast Guard.